FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT CARRBORO
Carrboro has made a name for itself as an oasis of progressive values, successfully blending small-town culture with cosmopolitan offerings. It’s become a favorite place to raise a family with its top-rated school system.
At the heart of Carrboro is Weaver Street Market whose lawn hosts many family-oriented events and is a daily impromptu meeting place.
With a population of around 19,000, Carrboro is a community of artists, farmers, musicians, laborers, writers, performers, creative minds, and just plain folks. The town embraces people who are unique and offers a tolerant acceptance to all who dwell or visit.
Carrboro has much to offer including a much-lauded Farmers’ Market featuring locally-grown organic produce, the ArtsCenter with classes, music and theater, galleries and great restaurants. Festivals, ArtWalks and weekly music events on Weaver Street Market lawn are mainstays.
- 2nd Friday Night Art Walk
- The Carrboro ArtsCenter
- Carrboro Day, 1st Sunday in May
- The much lauded Carrboro Music Festival
- Natural and homeopathic healthcare providers
- Numerous arts and crafts galleries
- The Carrboro Film Festival
- Easy access to all UNC activities and events
- Carr Mill Mall featuring a variety of specialty shops
- Weaver St. “After Hours” & “Jazz Brunch” in summer
- Farmer’s Markets every Saturday and Wednesday.
- Fourth Of July Community Celebration
- Yoga, meditation, movement and other classes
- WCOM community-based radio station
- Live music venues including the Cat’s Cradle.
- A variety of parks, playgrounds and athletic fields